Community Archive

OSHP investigating crash

The Batavia Post of the Ohio State Highway Patrol is currently investigating an injury traffic crash involving a car and a riding lawnmower. The crash occurred on Dec. 10, 2015 at approximately 6:49 p.m. on Marathon-Edenton Road near Hunt Road in Wayne Township, Clermont County, Ohio. Preliminary investigation reveals that Anthony W. Christon, age 57 [ Read More ]

Stepping Stones expands west

BeauVita services for adults with disabilities will become part of the growing Stepping Stones, Inc. family on Jan. 1. The integration of BeauVita into Stepping Stones will expand day services available on the west side of Greater Cincinnati and increase options throughout the region, said Stepping Stones executive director Chris Adams. Stepping Stones currently provides [ Read More ]

Bald eagle spotted near East Fork Lake

The bald eagle was sighted on Sunday, Dec. 6, 2015 around noon close to the Clermont County Sheriff’s station.

Goshen students collect canned food

Every year Goshen Middle School’s National Junior Honor Society (NJHS), along with advisor Paul Dean, orchestrates a successful canned food drive with the help of the Goshen Middle School student body. The food collected was donated to Goshen United Methodist Church for their food pantry. The students and staff collected over 5,700 canned and nonperishable [ Read More ]

AHG Stars & Stripes Award fundraiser

Victoria Phelps is currently working towards earning her Stars and Stripes Award. The Stars and Stripes Award, American Heritage Girls’ highest earned award, allows an AHG girl to extend what she has learned about leadership, integrity, and service to her community in a practical experience. She has an opportunity to bless her community, create a [ Read More ]

Portman, Brown work to provide flexibility for communities upgrading wastewater systems

With local communities seeking cost-effective approaches to upgrading wastewater systems, U.S. Senators Rob Portman (R-Ohio) and Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) today announced that they have introduced the Clean Water Compliance and Affordability Act that would establish a national pilot program to ensure that the most innovative and cost-efficient solutions are available to local communities when complying [ Read More ]

RadioShack gift card holders may be eligible for refunds

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine today announced that consumers who have unused gift cards from the former RadioShack can file claims to seek refunds for remaining card balances. “Consumers who have unused RadioShack gift cards may be able to get their money back,” Attorney General DeWine said. “We’re encouraging eligible Ohioans to take advantage of [ Read More ]

Seeking information about photo

I received this photo along with others after my parents passed away. Unfortunately no one on my mom’ side of the family is alive to give me any info about this photo. I know it is from Cincinnati, where I grew up. I am guessing one of the ladies on the wagon might be a great-grandmother. [ Read More ]

Goshen holds mother-son event

On Friday Nov. 20, the Goshen PTO transformed Spaulding Elementary School gym into a tropical paradise for the annual mother-son event. This year’s theme was “Luau”. Moms and sons shared in a wonderful evening of games (beach volleyball, hula hoop contest, and limbo contest), food, music, and fun. The school gym was filled with over [ Read More ]

Save A Lot to open Dec. 18

Saver Group, Inc., announced Dec. 1 that the construction of Bethel Save A Lot is almost finished. The new Save A Lot will be a first class grocery store that will be clean, have energy efficient LED lighting, modern equipment and polished concrete floors. The opening date has been set for Dec. 18 at 9 [ Read More ]

• best of clermont
  • Sunny
    real feel: 54°F
    humidity: 52%
    wind speed: 4 m/s ESE
  • E.C. Nurre Funeral Homes
  • Holman GMC
  • Health Source of Ohio