Community Archive

Ohio EPA awards grant to SWCD

A $20,600 Environmental Education Fund grant from Ohio EPA will allow Clermont Soil and Water Conservation District for two workshops on how to foster sustainable environmental behavior. Ohio EPA awarded 11 environmental education grants statewide for $304,136. The Greater Cincinnati Regional Storm Water Collaborative and the Miami Conservancy District will host the one-day workshops featuring [ Read More ]

Pierce Twp Police receive grant

The Pierce Township Police was recently awarded a $4,950 Justice Assistance Grant from the Ohio Office of Criminal Justice Services. The grant was awarded to replace several severely outdated computers the department has been using. The grant represents 75% of the total cost of the project with the remaining 25% paid out of the department’s [ Read More ]

Beaches at East Fork Lake under health advisory due to algae bloom

The State of Ohio placed the campground beach and main beach at East Fork Lake under a Recreational Public Health Advisory as of June 23 due to a toxin produced by a harmful algae bloom called microcystin. This toxin has been shown to affect the liver at a concentration of 6 parts per billion (ppb). [ Read More ]

Chatfield College awards scholarship to Goshen Senior

Chatfield College, a private, Catholic, liberal arts college granting the Associate Degree in rural Brown County, Ohio and Cincinnati’s Over-the-Rhine neighborhood, has awarded a Chatfield College First Generation Scholarship to Rachel Burnett, a recent graduate of Goshen High School. Rachel was one of 16 area high school students who are the first in their families [ Read More ]

Batavia student receives degree from Olin College

Ian Daniher, of Batavia, received a Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Olin College of Engineering at its ninth commencement on May 18. About 95 students received degrees this year at Olin, in commencement exercises at which John Seely Brown, co-chairman of Deloitte’s Center for the Edge, and a visiting scholar and [ Read More ]

Monroe Historic Society awards scholarship to township resident

The Monroe Township Historic Board awarded their annual scholarship to Emily Barcheski. Greg Roberts, vice chair, presented her with this award at the Senior Honors event held at New Richmond High School on May 19. A resident of the township, Emily will attend the University of Southern Indiana in Evansville. She plans to pursue a [ Read More ]

Weekly information sessions and tours held at UC Clermont

UC Clermont College is holding information sessions and tours every Tuesday at 6 p.m., Wednesday at 1 p.m. and Friday at 10 a.m. These weekly sessions offer prospective students and their families an opportunities to check out UC Clermont College in person. No reservation is required to attend. Learn more about UC Clermont College and [ Read More ]

Masons donate to horsemanship program

The 6th District Masons, from Brown anc Clermont counties, recently presented a donation to the Ohio Therapeutic Horsemanship Program. Shown is Dan Mitchell accepting a check from the 6th District Masonic Officers Assn., Free and Accepted Masons of Ohio, president Worshipful Brother Rodney Kirker. Attending the presentation are, from left, Kelly Beach, OTH Treasurer, Melissa [ Read More ]

Rep. Wenstrup named to VA conference committee

As the House and Senate seek to reconcile differences in proposed reforms to the Department of Veterans Affairs, Congressman Brad Wenstrup was selected with 13 other House members to represent the House of Representatives in these talks. Wenstrup, a veteran of the Iraq war and physician, has actively pressed VA officials during his first 18 [ Read More ]

Felicity FFA members attend Leadership Conference

Six members of the Felicity FFA traveled to Washington DC June 10-15 for The National FFA leadership conference. This was a week long conference about leadership and making a difference in their own community. Each student created a living to serve plan with a goal of implementing a project to help their community. Participants also [ Read More ]

  • Cloudy
    real feel: 79°F
    humidity: 66%
    wind speed: 1 m/s NNW
  • Holman GMC