Community Archive

Seeking information about photo

I received this photo along with others after my parents passed away. Unfortunately no one on my mom’ side of the family is alive to give me any info about this photo. I know it is from Cincinnati, where I grew up. I am guessing one of the ladies on the wagon might be a great-grandmother. [ Read More ]

Goshen holds mother-son event

On Friday Nov. 20, the Goshen PTO transformed Spaulding Elementary School gym into a tropical paradise for the annual mother-son event. This year’s theme was “Luau”. Moms and sons shared in a wonderful evening of games (beach volleyball, hula hoop contest, and limbo contest), food, music, and fun. The school gym was filled with over [ Read More ]

Save A Lot to open Dec. 18

Saver Group, Inc., announced Dec. 1 that the construction of Bethel Save A Lot is almost finished. The new Save A Lot will be a first class grocery store that will be clean, have energy efficient LED lighting, modern equipment and polished concrete floors. The opening date has been set for Dec. 18 at 9 [ Read More ]

David Restaurant Group honors local vets on Veterans Day

The David Restaurant Group continued its tradition of showing support for veterans this year by again offering free meals to both veterans and active duty service members in all of its restaurants on Veterans Day. “We do this each year to give back to the community and thank our local veterans for serving our country,” [ Read More ]

Two Boy Scouts make Eagle rank

Boy Scout Troop 84 of Williamsburg recently held an Eagle Court of Honor Ceremony that added not one but two Scouts to the list of young men who have attained the lofty rank of Eagle in Clermont County. The two young men, Tayler Cooper, son of Marcia and Pete Cooper, and Joseph Barth, son of [ Read More ]

Joy of Adoption ceremony celebrates new forever families

Sixty-eight children from Clermont County have new parents this year – adopted by “forever families” dedicated to bringing them love and stability. Clermont County’s Children’s Protective Services (CPS) celebrated the adoptions at the 2015 Joy of Adoption ceremony, held Nov. 19 at the Bethel United Methodist Church. More than 180 guests attended the ceremony, including [ Read More ]

Festival is seeking 100 young women singers

2nd Annual Young Women In Harmony Festival for South West Ohio and Dayton Area–an exciting musical event for Young Women singers ages 13-25. The Festival will be on Saturday, Feb. 6, 2016 at Princeton High School Performing Arts Center in Sharonville, Ohio and is a unique opportunity for young women to learn the art of [ Read More ]

The Ohio Department of Health reminds parents about toy safety

The holidays are an exciting time of year for kids and parents and to help ensure that everyone has a safe and happy holiday season, the Ohio Department of Health (ODH), wants to remind parents to keep safety in mind when choosing toys for young children when out holiday shopping. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety [ Read More ]

Mercy Health – Clermont Hospital seeks volunteers

Want to make a difference in the lives of others, meet new friends, contribute to your community, learn more about yourself and share in Mercy Health – Cincinnati’s mission to extend the healing ministry of Jesus by improving the health of our communities with an emphasis on people who are poor and under-served? If so, [ Read More ]

Time to get the annual license for your dog

If you love your dog, license it. That’s the message from Clermont County Commissioners as the season to buy dog licenses launches from Dec. 1, 2015, through Jan. 31, 2016. Annual licenses cost $16 each; three year licenses can be purchased for $48, and permanent licenses for $160. Kennel licenses can be purchased for $80, [ Read More ]

• best of clermont
  • Cloudy
    Cloudy
    64°F
    real feel: 67°F
    humidity: 74%
    wind speed: 0 m/s N

• E.C. Nurre Funeral Homes
  • Holman GMC
  • Health Source of Ohio