Community Archive

County Boards of Elections get green light for E-Pollbooks

Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted announced on September 14 that county boards of elections may begin moving forward with the purchase of e-pollbooks. The General Assembly appropriated $12.7 million to aid county governments in covering the cost of upgrading to e-pollbooks during the biennial budget (Am. Sub. H.B. 64) approved on June 30. “E-pollbooks [ Read More ]

Antiques and Coins Appraisal Fair

An Antiques and Coins Appraisal Fair will be held on Saturday, October 3rd, 2015, from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. at the Harmony Hill Museum Carriage House, 299 South Third Street, Willliamsburg, Ohio, sponsored by the Williamsburg Harmony Hill Association, Inc. Qualified antique and coin appraisers will be available to appraise your items. Cost per item [ Read More ]

Taliaferro Chapter begins new 6 meeting term

The Taliaferro Chapter, NSDAR, began their new term of six meetings with Regent, Diana J. Schwartz, presiding, on September 12, in the Historic Presbyterian Church, Georgetown. The first meeting began with a luncheon at noon, catered by The Country Inn. The chapter is celebrating 125 years of volunteer service to America, 1890-2015. Taliaferro Chapter was [ Read More ]

New Richmond School Board asks for override of governor’s veto

The Board of Education of the New Richmond Exempted Village School District passed a resolution at its September 21 meeting asking legislative representatives to sponsor and pass override legislation to Ohio Gov. John Kasich’s veto of PUTPP Reimbursements for FY17 which will cost the district more than $700,000. PUTPP Reimbursements are payments Ohio makes to [ Read More ]

Residents indicted for burglaries

Two more individuals have been indicted for another seven burglary offenses that were committed in Batavia and Stonelick Townships. Ted Kayata, age 35, has been indicted on seven counts of burglary, third degree felonies and two counts of grand theft of firearm third degree felonies. Robert Wilson, age 30, has been indicted on seven counts [ Read More ]

Man seeking information about photo

I received this photo along with others after my parents passed away. Unfortunately no one on my mom’ side of the family is alive to give me any info about this photo. I know it is from Cincinnati, where I grew up. I am guessing one of the ladies on the wagon might be a great-grandmother. [ Read More ]

Story contest deadline is Oct. 1

The Brown County Writers Group and the Mt. Orab Branch of The Brown County Public Library are happy to announce a call for submissions for the 2015 Scary Story Contest. Deadline for submissions is 5:00 p.m., Thursday, October 1. All ages are welcome and the contest is free to all residents of Southwest Ohio. Send [ Read More ]

Man arrested for felony OVI thanks to public’s help

Thanks to several alert motorists, a man who was driving under the influence through a construction zone was removed from the streets today. Shortly after 2:00 PM, several calls were received by our Communications Center regarding a reckless driver traveling westbound on State Route 28/Main Street. Sergeant Ron Crider spotted the vehicle in the construction [ Read More ]

Wenstrup spearheads bill to fight opioid abuse

The first order of business for the House of Representatives, following an extended district work period, aimed at tackling the growing opioid epidemic across the country. Congressman Brad Wenstrup points to the pair of bipartisan bills that passed the House to tackle the growing problem in Ohio. The state has experienced a 350 percent increase [ Read More ]

OMJ/Clermont to hold retail job fair

OhioMeansJobs/Clermont County will hold a retail job fair 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Tuesday, September 29. Participating retailers will include JCPenney, Sam’s Club, Home Depot, Kohl’s, Dillard’s, Sears, Kroger, Wendy’s, GFS and Target. Applicants should dress professionally and bring copies of their resume. For more information, call 513-943-3000. OhioMeansJobs/Clermont is located at 756 Old State Route 74, [ Read More ]

• best of clermont
  • Sunny
    real feel: 48°F
    humidity: 92%
    wind speed: 0 m/s N
  • E.C. Nurre Funeral Homes
  • Holman GMC
  • Health Source of Ohio