The Iraq War Bonus will be ending at the end of this year, in December.
Time is running out for veterans who have not applied, as the end of the year will be here soon.
The Ohio Department of Veterans Services and your local Veterans Services Commission of Clermont County wants all veterans to be informed that there is still time to sign up and get the bonus you have earned from the State of Ohio.
To be eligible for a bonus:
• The Veteran must have been an Ohio resident at the start of active duty service and when he or she applies for the bonus.
• The must have been separated from the Armed Forces under Honorable Conditions.
• Active duty service member remains in active service, or
• After active duty service the Veteran remains in any reserve component of the armed forces, including the Ohio National Guard.
Eligible Veteran or Active duty service member may receive $100 for each month spent on active duty service in the following locations during these specified dates.
• Iraq between March 19, 2003 and December31, 2014. Eligible Veterans can apply for the bonus until December31, 2014.
• Afghanistan since October 7, 2001. Eligible Veterans can apply for a bonus for up to three years after the President declares an end to U. S. involvement in Afghanistan.
Any questions you might have call your local Clermont County Veterans Service Commission at (513) 732-7363 or type in Ohio Veterans Bonus to visit Ohio Department of Veterans Services.
The maximum benefit for in-country (Iraq or Afghanistan) service is $1,000