The Clermont County Narcotics Unit and the Cincinnati Police Department Major Drug Offenders Unit have concluded a six-month long investigation into a marijuana distribution network. On Monday, Dec. 23, eight searches, five in Clermont County and three in the city of Cincinnati, were executed.
In addition to members from the Clermont County Narcotics Unit and the Cincinnati Police Department, deputies from the Clermont County Sheriff’s Office and officers from the Union Township and Miami Township Police Departments participated. The search warrant locations were:
• 2828 Ohio Pike, Clermont County
• 1728 Ohio Pike, Clermont County
• 3947 Fulton Grove, Clermont County
• 571 Marilyn Drive, Clermont County
• 488 Elm Drive, Clermont County
• 6473 Beechmont Avenue, Cincinnati
• 2121 Beechmont Avenue, Cincinnati
• 2432 Beechmont Avenue, Cincinnati
The following items were recovered during the search warrants:
• 316 pounds of Marijuana
• $25,000 U.S. Currency
• 55 Firearms
• Several thousand rounds of ammunition
• 10 Automobiles
• 1 Fishing Boat
Arrested and charged with drug possession and drug trafficking were Thomas Awad, Sr., 58, Thomas Awad, Jr., 23, Michael Awad, 65, Richard Awad, 62, and Ronald Day, 68.
Two additional individuals were also taken into custody, Angela Hale, 40, charged with tampering with evidence, and Jonathan Jacobs, 33, arrested on an open warrant.
Additional arrests and charges may be forthcoming as the investigation continues, and when the case is presented to the grand jury.