Twinsburg is located between Akron and Cleveland on state Route 91 and was named in honor of Aaron and Moses Wilcox, early settlers from Killingworth, Conn. The town’s name was changed from Millsville to Twinsburg in 1817, at the request of the twins, who also donated six acres of land, which is now the city square, and $20 to start the first school.
The Wilcox twins were so identical that only their closest friends could tell them apart. They married sisters, held property in common, were stricken with the same illness, and died just hours apart. They are buried in the same grave in Twinsburg’s Locust Grove Cemetery.
The festival also included a giant kick-off parade, games, a food court, children’s rides, and arts and crafts. Live entertainment, researchers, a twin fireworks display, and a twins’ talent show.Planing has already begun for next year’s festival, scheduled for Aug. 3 and 4.