Only five chapters in the country were recognized in each category. The awards include:
• Chapter Activities Award of Excellence
• Outstanding Achievement – Special Olympics
• Outstanding Achievement – Community Relief
• Outstanding Achievement – Community Action
• Outstanding Achievement – BPA Marketing and Public Relations
• Outstanding Achievement – Safety Awareness
Batavia received more outstanding achievement awards than any other chapter in the country.
In addition, they received the National Quality Chapter of Distinction Designation for the third year. Only four schools in Ohio received this honor.
Senior Marcus Griffin represented the chapter and competed in Human Resource Management following his first place win at state competition.
Marcus had a chance to watch the Cubs play at Wrigley Field, shop on the Magnificent Mile, as well as visit the Sears Tower, Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium, and Navy Pier.
Chapter officers Emily Moon and Hunter Meadors qualified for Member Recruiter Awards for their effort in educating students and the community about the purpose and Business Professionals of America. They are outstanding leaders who helped the chapter achieve great success during the 2011-2012 school year.