The free curbside brush pickup program will continue in the City of Milford throughout 2011. Brush is defined as trimmings from bushes or shrubs, as well as tree branches from trimming and/or pruning trees. The brush pickup is scheduled for every Wednesday during the months of April through October in 2011.
The volume of curbside brush collection has continued to increase over the past few years and the City acknowledges that brush collection is beneficial service for our residents. Due to the brush increase the city is trying to streamline the system in order to increase efficiency and improve service.
The City requests cooperation to observe the following guidelines for brush pickup:
• During the months of November through March brush pickup will be strictly Call-In Requests Only.
• All brush must be at the curb no later than 8 a.m. on Wednesday.
• Tree limbs and branches cannot be over 6 inches in diameter and no longer than 8 feet. This will be enforced.
• Limbs at the curb are to be place with the cut section facing the street.
• Do not block fire hydrants, sidewalks or storm drains or access to the brush pile with vehicles or other objects.
• Small twigs and sticks are to be put into bundles and secured with twine. The Service Department will not be able to accept loose sticks, twigs, or piles of debris.
• Yard waste (i.e., pine needles, grass clippings or leaves) will not be accepted, nor will materials contained in plastic garbage bags.
If your brush materials do not meet the following guidelines it may be “tagged” and the problem will be indicated on the postcard. If you make the proper corrections your brush will be picked up the following pickup.
The following items will not be accepted with brush: logs, root balls, stumps, grass clippings, pine needles, plants, leaves, lumber or anything in plastic bags or other such containers. Please review the suggestions below for proper disposal.
Fence posts, railroad ties, wood pallets:
Cut into 4 foot lengths or less; dispose of with residential garbage pickup; each piece must not exceed 75 lbs in weight.
Bag and dispose in residential garbage pickup, or participate in City’s leaf pickup program in the fall.
Brush with clumps of roots, thorns:
Brush may be mixed with garbage loose in garbage container and dispose of through residential garbage pickup.
Brush from private contracting work:
Contractor to dispose of material without benefit from this program.
Yard waste such as pine needles, grass clippings, and leaves may be commingled in your curbside residential garbage.
This brush pickup program is for the sole use of the residents of incorporated City of Milford. Privately hired contractors (landscapers, tree trimmers) must dispose of brush without the benefit of this program. Tree removal is not considered to be trimming or pruning. The City will not remove this debris which is the responsibility homeowner/contractor for proper disposal.
We certainly appreciate your help in making the system work.
If you have any questions concerning brush pickup, contact the Service Department at (513) 831-7018.