Francis Fagin Way was dedicated in front of the former Goshen Township Firehouse, on the former Wood Street (now Francis Fagin Way), Oct. 10.
Francis “Smoke” Marion Fagin is described in the street dedication program as the patriarch and founder of the Goshen Volunteer Fire Department, Inc. He served the people of Goshen Township from 1948 into 1979.
More than 50 people attended the street dedication including firefighters from other area fire departments including Blanchester, Hamilton Township, Harlan Township, Loveland, Miami Township Central, Milford, Stonelick Township, Wayne Township, and Cincinnati Fire Department.
Also in attendance to speak were members of Fagin's family - Jeffrey Daniel Kelly, Daniel Fagin, Patricia Elliott, Debra Fagin, and Donna King.
The former Wood Street was named in honor of Jesse Wood who in 1818 made an addition of land on the east side village and made another addition to the community in 1833. The Wayne Township village of Woodville is also named in his honor.